Sunday, February 1, 2009

January wrap-up

In our New Year's resolution to update the blog weekly, we only lasted two weeks...how is that for commitment?...I think the spirit of it was just to do better, so here we are :)

January 13-20--mom and dad Tidwell came up to visit. We had many fun adventures, including going to the zoo, taking the bus and monorail to the Seattle Center, going to see Snoqualmie Falls ;) (which we didn't actually SEE, but we heard them...there was too much icy fog). It was nice for the kids to read books and play with gma and gpa--also nice to have their organizational assistance...really, they enjoy doing that kind of stuff--yea!!!

Notice Fern's wardrobe choices...SHE chose it! Also, she is trying to feed the jaguar her cheese stick. I think he may be more interested in the colorful little girl...MMmmm

You can't really see where this was taken, but it was at the butterfly house at the Pacific Science Center. Caleb was able to get off work and meet us. If anybody wants to come up and visit us, we will take you there--it is really neat! It's always warm and sunny in there...can't guarantee that Seattle as a whole will be that way...

January 20-24--mom Nelson stayed with us while dad Nelson was in the hospital. Long story short: he need to have his upper and lower jaws detached and then relocated in a better position. It took 2 surgeons 8 hours to reconstruct... He now faces 6 weeks of a liquid diet and then 6 weeks of a soft food diet, but at least he will be losing a lot of weight...kind of a rough way to do it though. Caleb and mom had a mother-son date in downtown Seattle and had a really fun time going to the market and having lunch and walking through the city.

This is just a pretty picture of Ferny playing with bubbles. I was in the other room--I don't know what I was doing, but I walked into the bathroom and see Fern with her headband and bubbles to the top of the sink...they were having so much fun and giggling. I was going to be frustrated, but they were so cute so instead I just took their picture--they will be grown up too soon anyhow.

OK, that's about all. Until next week...or month...how about "next time" :)

1 comment:

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

Hi everyone! I love Fern's since of style and color...Maybe I will be wearing her line of clothes in the furure? Prayers, Hugs and all to you!!! me

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo