We got to see the sun a bit this week, so we went exploring this week. On Tuesday we went to the UW Arboretum where we watched squirrels, ran around, had lunch, climbed trees, looked at pinecones, clams, dogs, saw two adult eagles and a Goshawk (according to Bird Expert Sandy Tidwell (B.E.S.T.))
On Wednesday we went to the Orca park (a water park during the summer--thank goodness the water is shut off now...) Henry liked going there. His favorite part was the giant orca that you could climb on and he wants to go back here when it is summer and the water is on.
On Saturday we went on a drive up above North Bend. Henry: "I like to go off-roading in mud and snow." Neither me (Lyn) or Henry much liked driving past the road washouts...but it was neat to see the river and how far up it got during all the flooding a couple of weeks ago. The road was quite bumpy, but Fern went right to sleep on the way up and the way back...I wouldn't call it a "gentle" rocking motion, but whatever! Naps are great.
We pulled over and spent some time throwing rocks in the river--quite a relaxing pasttime.Henry would like to add that he likes to go to parks. We are planning to explore parks this spring/summer and go to a different one each week--there are a lot of parks up here. Hopefully it will be a nice summer this year so we can go back to the Orca park with water and not freeze :)
6 comments:
Your kids are so cute!! I'm glad I found your blog so I can keep up with you guys!
Glad you found our blog too :) With kids it is so hard to keep up with everyone, but this way you can post once and people can see what's up. Are you and the family going to be in UT for gpa's birthday? hope to see you guys again soon.
Hi guys...looks like a fun outing!! I would not reconize Fern...she is getting to be such a big girl! Hugs!!!!
The orca park looks fun. You will have to tell me where that is.
We didn't know that you had a blog. It is good to see your family. Email us for a username and password
Sorry KimmyMac_9@hotmail.com
Post a Comment