As you can see we took the new Troop. Then Lyn and the kids went to Utah to visit with her family. (ditching me... sniff) The were there for 7 days. The kids played with their cousins until they dropped... literally. The weather was hot and they got to play in the sun alot. That was nice for them because it has been chilly up here in WA, in fact it has been THE coolest spring since 1891. I'm thinking about moving to CA. ! While they were there they went to a parade, several museums, a farm, and hung out at Grandma Tidwell's house. I know that Lyn also had a nice time visiting with her sisters and parents. They did their usual 'Sisters Dinner' (when I get to go we have 'Brothers Movie')

Then when they returned we had a nice week together before Grandma Nelson took the children over to her house for Lyn and I's anniversary (June 26th) Lyn and I drove up to Anacortes, WA taking our Mtn Bikes and rode them onto the ferry headed to the San Juan Islands.
We used the kiddie trailer to hold a tent, clothes, food and our sleeping bags. When we got off on the Island of San Juan [Friday Harbor], we asked around for directions on how to get to the west side of the island where I knew we could find a campground. It was and 8.5 mile ride to get there. Lyn started off a bit timid as the road gently climbed a gentle slope, then as she got warmed up the road turned steeply downhill and we had a thrill as we bombed the hill. That night we had dinner on the beach as we watched the sunset. In camp we saw a red fox trot thru the next campsite. When we got up the next morning we learned that a Sea Kayak tour left from that beach and went off in search for Orca Whales. (aka Killer Whales) .
We decided to take the 6hr tour. We kayaked 13 miles, but never saw an Orca. We did see some Harbor Seals and ate some seaweed! and enjoyed a day on the water. Not to mention the fantastic arm workout...! We were planning on riding our bikes the 4 miles into Roche Harbor after ward but we were too tired so we hitched a ride with e campground manager. We got showers at the marina, as there were none at the camp. Then we had a nice little dinner and toured the town. The next day we decided to take the long way back to Friday Harbor. It was a 12 mile ride with gentle hills. We enjoyed to sweeping country vistas.
We had a nice lunch while waiting for the ferry. We took an early ferry that took us around some of the islands and stopped at Orcas Island.
There we had some ice cream before we took the ferry back to Anacortes. We had a great little adventure, all while on bikes. When we got to Anacortes we got a nice hotel room and had showers and went out for a nice dinner. A bed sure feels good after sleeping on a sleeping pad. It was very kind of Mom Nelson to take the kids for a few days. It was nice to be able to be just Lyn and I, and have adventures like we used to. Thanks.Well I have been gnarly busy. I have had 2 project running simultaneously. One a $20k and the other a $27k. I have been nearly crazy trying to project manage these. But in the end they turned out nice. The one with the waterfall is perhaps the nicest I've ever done. both yards were basically erased and started fresh. The oval yard we literally bulldozed it to start anew. Believe it or not the oval pics are both taken from nearly the same vantage point.



Well we had a nice 4th also. We had a ward breakfast and kiddie parade. Lyn and I decorated the kids trikes. It was alot of fun to see. Henry loved zooming laps around the church with the other children. Fern just thought it was great to watch. In the second pic you can see fern's little accident from Wednesday night. Two little monkeys jumping on the bed one fell into the headboard and broke her head. Momma called the doctor and the doctor said "take your little monkey to the emergency room for stitches"! Luckily Fern got to try skin glue instead of stitches. So far it seems to be working.
After the ward breakfast we went to the company BBQ and spent the day hangiong out with all my friends. As you can see life is full and rich. We feel very blessed to have such great families and each other, and each of you. I will try to keep up on the blog more regularly [and avoid Hate mail ;) ]Well till next time, love, The Nelsons
5 comments:
Hey, I love the blog! Wow, you guys had a very busy month! So, Caleb, i forgive you for not posting sooner! (puts mine to shame!)
So does this mean no more hate mail?? :)
Caleb
it wasnt really a hate mail, to those who are reading this, it was a prod that i am sure others were thinking about doing! I miss seeing you guys and being a part of your life and this blog i am able to stay in touch...love to all!
I apologize, I should've let everyone know that I was tongue-in-cheek when I wrote that. It was a nice prod and a well deserved prod. We are glad you feel connected thru this blog. That is our hope. Although you should still come visit :)
Caleb
y'know, it kinda defeats the point of being anonymous when you sign your comments with your name...
Otherwise, it sounds like you have been having fun, and being busy. It looks as if life can't get much better for you.
Post a Comment