
Well as the title says we have been having some fun times. Life is truly good. Anyone who has experienced a summer in the Pacific Northwest knows how truly beautiful it can be. Sunny and 75 is the norm. Blues sky's and a light breeze, not too hot, not too cold, Awesome! Our back yard is a paradise. It is nice and shady. We have a nice deck, and lawn, and a hammock, and clothes lines, and a hiking trail. it is one of the reasons I can't see moving.
Lyn and the kids have been doing some neat stuff. I miss them sometimes. Sometimes it sucks to be a dad and have to work all the time knowing that your kids are making memories that don's have you in them. But I have a really great boss who tells me to take some time every once in a while to go do something with them, I usually work 10-12 hr days, but one day a week I work only an 7-8 hr day and I go and do something with them. One day Lyn and the gang went to pick berries.
They went to the lake one hot day with lyns best friend Laura. We also went to the lake as a family. Saturday though was a fun day for me. We spent the morning at the garden, it was a gorgeous morning and we got alot done. Corn is doing well but my tomatoes aren't. I don't know... It has been a very cool summer.
After the garden Lyn took me on a date. (much thanks in part to our friend Gary) We went to see the movie 'Get Smart'. Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in years. quite a funny movie. It was non-stop funny from beginning to end. At one part I though that I was going to pass out because I couldn't breathe from laughing so much. After the movie we went to a very expensive Italian restaurant. (30$/ plate) and we got take out with the bill coming to $15 for the 2 of us to eat! Lyn is so thrifty. We took our dinner over to a beautiful park and had dinner on the lawn. I feel that my life could not get any better at this point. It is as rich and full as I could realistically expect, and maybe more. [I mean, I do still have to go to work :) ]I just put my bro Riley on the plane to Alaska, I will miss him, although it's just like having him at school. I hope that when he graduates that he will be able to live near me, so we can have more fun. Any how Till next week or so. Love Caleb and Fam.
1 comment:
Hi everyone! I do miss the backyards and the berry picking festivals and the cherries on the side of the road!
Post a Comment