Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rough start - Fun finish

Well this past week went as stated in the title. On Monday I received a call from the organic farm in Alaska and they said my job history was too risky for them. The manager a the design firm that I was interested in showed a marked reduction in interest in me, telling me to "call back sometime" ! And the Planner position in Moses Lake never did call back even though he said he would call me within a few days. (14 days ago) Now 2 of these jobs I didn't want, but it is disappointing to be rejected from them anyhow. Monday thru Wednesday were spent being depressed but still trying to find stuff. Wed afternoon I noticed that Henry had been very moody all week and I realized that he was mirroring my stress. So we decided to take Thursday and use one of our coupons to go to the Seattle Aquarium.
We took the 545 bus to downtown and then walked down to the Aquarium which is on the waterfront. It is a smaller aquarium, but is well appointed and has several unique features. The had a birds section, where we got to see birds swimming under water. One bird spent well over a minute underwater. They had exhibits of Sea and River Otters and different Seals. We had the luck of being there during feeding time and got to watch the Sea Otters breaking open clams and eating them up. There was also neat domed underwater room where you could just sit and watch the fish swim by. (see pics) They also had some well thought out tide pool areas in which you could pet the Starfish and Anemones. that night Henry had a bad dram about Starfish trying to get him, I'm not quite sure how that dram played out, I mean Starfish aren't exactly agile...!?
After the aquarium Ferny was in her backpack carrier asleep, so we decided to just walk around the city. We saw some neat things, and before we knew it we found ourselves at he entrance to the underground bus tunnel, so we hopped on an made our way to Chinatown. There is a really interesting oriental store called Uwajimaya. We had a coupon for buy 1/get 1 free. at the noodle bar, so that is where we had dinner. It was so fun. We spent over and hour eating. then we went shopping and purchased some weird and fun Asian groceries, including my favorite Banana Sauce. We then went to the bus tunnel only to find that it closes at 7pm. It was now 7:30pm so we had to hike all the way back into town. It was a bit chilly (40) but Seattle is such a scenic city that we didn't mind at all. We all went to bed happy that night.
Since then we have all been much happier. Henry and Fern have been my best little friends.
Saturday we had a lot of errands to do, so we decided to do them all together as a family. We went shopping for groceries, and went to the pet store to find a light for the kids fish tank. It wasn't anything special, but it was just fun to be together.
Well that's about it for now. We are all doing well. Fern is doing well at learning how to go to sleep on her own. (instead of having to be held every single second) I am finding new job postings and trust that it won't be too much longer till I find something. Well, till next time something cool happens... Adios!
{edit} About the pics: Tuesday Lyn went to a lot of trouble to make phad thai and right before dinner discovered that he mix she used had gone bad. Dinner was late as it was so we took advantage of the local pizza places "half price Tuesday. Henry loves pizza and it is one of the only was to get him to eat veggies. In the pic you can see just how much he loves it.
Wednesday Lyn had to go grocery shopping so I watched fern. We played some games and read some books. Then I decided to give her a Horsey-back ride. I went down the hall and back and around the ottoman, then as I passed in front of the Hutch I noticed hat she had fallen asleep. Since I was on all fours and she was on my back, there was nothing that I cold do except lay down and read the National Geographic and wait for Lyn to get back. When She walked in I'm sure it was quite the funny sight. {/edit}

4 comments:

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

i love that picture!!! it is these moments that are so priceless! i am glad that you (and now me) have a picture of this!

miss you guys

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

ok, another comment...i got this nice long babbling message from Fernie!! She must have gotten your cell again and called me and she told me a couple of things and I am almost certain I heard Auntie TT...!!!! Now that is priceless!

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

oh, and happy anniversary...

Riley said...

i can pitcure how it must have looked to lyn to see fern sleeping on your back when she walked in, oh wait, you have a pic of it down below! too funny.

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo