I really don't know what to write about my trip to Guatemala. I had a fantastic time. I logged 40 +/- hours on Chicken Buses. I got to hike to a active volcano and throw rocks in the lava. I got to go body surfing at sunset in El Salvador. I spent 2 weeks with my best friend and got to see many old friends from the mission. --- Whoa a bird just flew into our window, so I went out to see him and he (or she) allowed me to pick him up and hold him. My mom-in-law (the bird professional) said he was probably just in shock so we left him outside but I did get to allow Henry as close up view of a bird (mom: probably a Warbler) I hope he recovers. Henry says "Maybe he'll come back and visit us." --- I don't exactly know what to write about. I could write a travel log, but that is not why I went down there, it was just a nice side-effect. I had many spiritual experiences, but those are kinda for me. I guess what everyone probably want to know is "Is Caleb feeling better?" The answer is definitely YES! Many things have changed: my ability to see Gods hand in my life, my perspective on work and on what exactly one needs to live. (when you see how people live in Central America you cant help but realize that you don't NEED most of what you think.) My outlook on Designing has improved. I have worked so hard for it I cannot give up so easily. Friday I went to turn in an application and some of my design work and after looking at it they brought me in for an interview immediately. They want me to return on Monday for a follow up. I also have a possibility to work in organic farming in Skagway Alaska but I think that the pay is a bit too low. And there is a positive response from the city of Moses Lake to be a city planner, but if you have ever seen Moses Lake it is flat dry and about as dull as watching Supreme Court sessions on CNN. (i.e. Very Dull) but at any rate there are starting to become available several good jobs now that the new year is under way.
Things are going much better and the future looks brighter every day. If you would like to know more of the travel side of my trip let me know and I'll share it with you. But don't forget to scroll down on this page and you can see many pics of my adventure.
Till Feb. Love Caleb
The Official Blog - Updated every month, or every other month, or every other 3rd quarter or...
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.
Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.
My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.
Outdoor Nuts
We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)
Poopoo Point
Dorothy Lake trail
Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.
Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner
Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo
4 comments:
Thanks for your tidbit, we have been dying to hear from you. Lets get together soon and you can tell us more. It looks like an amazing place!
D & T
i am so glad that this trip was what you needed to help you! love to all
me
SO VERY glad that your trip helped you to reestablish your eternal perspective! Keep us updated on job possibilities. We continue to pray for you! Thanks for sharing the great photos from your trip, too! Love, Mom
well its cool to hear that youre finding jobs, thats a very big part of life, i guess, i dunno, im only 22. oh yeah, Rick at McKinley said its not hopeful for me to com there. but i got a lead to skagway to drive there, Jared said that id be busy and more then likely to get hired there. anyhoo, glad your trip went well and good luck on the job search.
Post a Comment