So, you're probably wondering whatever happened to the Nelsons. We're still here...just not updating anyone on what's been going on since sometime in October! I have to say that I (Lyn) am mostly to blame as I volunteered to post halloween pics and that never happened, so here's a picture of the spunky kitty and two jellyfish.Done.
Just kidding :) I've got a collection of pictures so that you can get a glimpse of what we've been up to.
Fern & I went to visit my family for a couple days. We got to enjoy the beautiful fall foliage up Rock Canyon and had a great time visiting with everyone, including my sweet grandpa.
How is this for contrasting next pictures?
The day after Thanksgiving is White Friday when we get to go up Icicle Canyon and get our Christmas tree. It was a beautiful sunshiney day and the kids loved sledding and playing in the snow.
We also had our traditional fancy picnic complete with plastic champagne glasses and turkey sandwiches on rolls--yum!
And here are the fearless Christmas tree explorers taking a self-portrait :) We have been getting our tree in the forest for years now and it is always an adventure and fun to find one just the right personality for our house.
And then there were treats... I love baking for Christmas. I have to admit I go a little overboard, but I have too many things that I love to eat this time of year. It's hard to pick a favorite, but one of my new favorites is homemade tangerine gumdrops.
And this sweet little drawing is of "Kombucha the bear". Not sure how he came about, but Fern loves to draw him & he is so cute! She also loves to draw kitties and is happy with any piece of paper and pen. Fern is a very expressive artist; Henry is more of a precision draftsman. He doesn't draw whimsical things--he draws schematics of his various inventions.
Here is Henry and his scarecrow friend. They had the funnest time one morning making buddies out of their clothes. It was a little disconcerting when we put them to bed and it looked like there was someone standing there...Hope you are all enjoying your February. We had a lovely day of 60 degrees and sunny as can be. It's interesting how much happier the day (and people) are when the sun is out and we're able to be outside working & playing. We've just had so much fun that we all stayed up past bedtime to play games, listen to music, and use our new telescope to look at stars. What a wonderful day.
Anyway, there's more to come, but this should do for now :)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting these great pictures!!!
Love,
Mom
Glad you got to see them :)
Post a Comment