Sunday, October 30, 2011

Catching up. Yet again.


Man, Have we been busy!
Both Lyn and I have been working some seriously crazy hours this summer trying make this venture (grounded) be successful. And so far, it is being very successful. We are currently scheduled out till Dec. 16th on our installations. And we have more promising work that will fill up January. February already has a large project starting that should last about 5 weeks. then March picks up the season again. This will be the first year that I will have been able to work year-round. The best thing I have learned from starting my own company is that it is better to act than be acted upon. I simply got tired of everybody else screwing up my plans, income, future, etc. Only now that I have taken things into my own hands have I found a morticum of success. Of course I would be negligent if I did not credit God with the blessing and support, and blessings of support of my friends and colleagues.

We have done some really cool projects. Most of our projects have been in the $15-40K range! That just was not happening at my previous employer. We have been blessed.
We now have 2 newer trucks and 12' enclosed trailer. We rent yard space where we stage all of our equipment and materials. 2 employees.

As far as the family goes we are all well and happy.
My Brother Logan and his family came over for a couple of days to help harvest the extremely bountiful blackberry crop there was this year. Here are the kids loaded into the truck to head down to the swimming hole.
















Then we had a fun camping trip. well as fun as you can have car-camping. Since we don't have an SUV this year we were confined to campgrounds which are not our favorite thing. It's almost not worth going camping. Almost. But we had a fun time.
















Here is Henry after I dunked his nose in some hot chocolate. We found this great restaurant called Kit Carson's. Very tasty.














Then in Sept we had Fern's 5th B-day. We had it at the church ranch with her cousins. She wanted a Hello Kitty cake. (heck, she pretty much wants everything Hello Kitty) But the cake turned out nice thanks to Lyn who is both an amazing cook and baker.





















Then Henry and I and my dad, brother, and his boy went on a guys trip. We went to the Sawtooth Mtns in Idaho/Montana. We spent 3 days traversing a primitive road crossing the mtn range. We camped every night and had some great adventures . Especially the night we got caught in an electrical storm. We jumped in the Suburban and watched huge lightning and thunder for over 45 minutes. Fun! We had fun playing in the rivers and playing with fire too.
















































Then here's a pic of Fern in the barn. There was a whole litter of cute little kittens over there this summer and the kids would go over for over an hour at a time to play with them. We are so happy that our kids have a barn with hay and kittens and stuff to play with. Sure beats having them glued to the tube.




Isn't this girl cute or what?! I think that I will probably have to beat the boys back with a stick when she's a teenager.
Funny sign I saw "Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do!"
Maybe I'll be polishing my shotgun when a date comes to the door.


We took family pics. This next pic is from that session. The official Family Picture will be released at Christmas time.












That's all for now.
We will have Autumn and Halloween pics up shortly. Now that work is slowing down below an utterly insane pace we will try to be more diligent about posting blogs.
Love ya guys.

No comments:

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo