Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy new year

Now that we are significantly into the new year we felt it was time to put up a post.
We'll look Henry's B-day then at some Christmas pics, next we shall delve into Henry delving into a corner, and then who knows what we'll do from there.
So here goes.
Here is Henry's B-day. we had a small little dinner. We celebrate Henry on his half B-day, aka Henry Day. He wanted Salmon, artichokes w/ Herbes de Provence, and wild rice. He's quite the little gourmet. [Now Tidwells: doesn't this look uncannily like Paul? I think so.]
Henry is 7 and is getting very excited to be baptised next year. So now we are on to Christmas, my most favorite time of year. I love spending time with family in a nice warm house. I love eggnog. I love our annual family Christmas open house. I think that it is probably one of the top 3 events for the year. White Friday is number one for sure. I love having all my friends and those that I am excited to become better friends with come by and share in warmth and treats. Christmas day was a lot of fun too. Santa treated us nice, but our family was even nicer. Our Christmas would not have been possible w/o help from those we love, and who love us. That is what we have explained to the kids as to why people give gifts; because they love us.

Here is Henry with one of the gifts that he loves. Legos are always a hit with him. He can play with them for days on end. And he really makes neat stuff.
Here is the kids with their Grinch and his dog Max watching The Grinch after all has been opened. Silly kids. Fern adores the Grinch, which would be just like her.
Henry really is excited about his bike, we have picked out the colors and some neat things that are going to make for a cool bike. Here is the before

As you can see it's kinda beat, but watch and see how it turns out.
About a week after Christmas Henry Fern and I were horsing around. They had been turning the lights off on me as I was changing clothes after church. (our light switch is outside the door! ?) Then the came in and hoped under the blankets, I then ducked out and turned the lights of on them. 30 seconds later we hear a thump and then Henry comes out screaming, with blood all over. We said a prayer for him and then took him to the new ER in Redmond. He was quite the trooper thru it. The doc wanted to do stitches, but Henry told me earlier that he did not, so I asked the doc and he said that they could just as easily use glue. So it was, Henry got Glued up, and is all better now, but he will have a gnarly scar for some years to come.









I'll put some spaces in so you can put it up, off the screen. It was hard to look at for us too.







Any how. I have been playing private investigator for a local attorney. That has been fun.
I have been busy trying to find a winter job. I hope to find something that I can keep throughout the year. Perhaps working nights. I have also had an early start on landscaping this year. I can't say if it is due to the economy, or my hard work or my amazing network. But I am experiencing projects and interest fully 4-6 weeks earlier than in the past.
I have been so bus that I felt like Henry needed some Boy Time. So we went to the REI climbing wall and had his first experience with climbing. He went straight up that wall. Like a pro. Then he did a nice job coming back down, and I taught him a bit about rappelling.


Pretty impressive eh? It was about 35 feet up. I made it up the 45 feet column, but nearly died doing so! I need to get in better shape.
Any how we are having a nice time here in our wonderful home and are enjoying running our own business'. In case you missed it Lyn started her own custom sewing and alterations biz. It's called Resergence. You can see a link to her website on the left, just below the link to grounded. (which by the way you should check out and see the cool things I have been designing for my clients)
We are all in good health and hope that you are too.
Happy new year.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the family picture! Sounds like your year is off to a good start. I hope it continues to go well for you guys!

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo