Monday, December 14, 2009

bonus bonus post...

Caleb has been telling the kids that they should be thankful for good food to eat and that in some places (Haiti) people have to eat dirt (clay cakes) [it's true! look it up...] There has been some complaining here and there about items of food, so we told them that we would be having dirt for dessert. (Of course, Caleb had told me exactly where to get the best muddy dirt in the driveway and the kids kept looking at him and telling me not to do it.) While Caleb supervised bath time, I prepared dirt (chocolate pudding with oreos crushed on top and mixed in, along with a gummy worm also covered in the dirt/pudding). Fern acted tough and when I called them for dessert, she asked where the dirt was casually and ran up to the table. She was fine until Caleb scooped up a bite--she clamped her mouth shut and looked quite concerned...then when he dangled a "muddy" worm over his mouth, she just about lost it. Henry tried to run away and was very nervous. I could hardly contain my giggles. Caleb and I had a bite or two and then got Henry to try it (only after he cried...and smelled it). Of course he ate all the rest of his, including Fern's worm. Fern, on the other hand, still didn't trust us and wouldn't eat it.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's hilarious! But I hope poor Fern learns to trust you again.:-)

Lyn said...

I do too!

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo