Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Random Pic: fern by tomatoes. [check out those baby blues!]
Well Halloween has come and gone. We had a good time.
Friday night Lyn and I went on a very nice date. We went into Bellevue and saw a movie. Couple's Retreat. It was OK. We had gift certificates from a friend of ours so it was worth what we paid for it. Then we went to a very swank and expensive restaurant called Maggianos. Plates were $30-60. We had seen it before and it always looked so warm and inviting. We received a gift certificate for there. So we made it a date. The service was top notch. The food was so good. So good and so rich that it gave us both a stomach ache. Were not used to that kinda of food, but we would definitely do it again. The only downside of Maggianos was that there was a large group of 19-21 year old debutant girls having a B-day party. The were so drunk that they were actually falling down. The were loud, and stood on tables to get pic of the event. Ridiculous. Question why is it when people get drunk they exclaim to each other "I love you man!" ??? I thought that it was just in movies, but repeatedly I see it in life. WEIRD.
Henry wanted to be a pencil for Halloween. So we bought some concrete form tube and poster board and made one up. Fern wanted to be a purple kitty, so Lyn took that one on. Here are the results:We only went o maybe a dozen houses, but between the 2 kids we received exactly 6lbs of candy! We found a website that gives you a tone of fun experiments to do with candy, we hope to dispose of a good fraction of their candy through this. I continue to sell jobs at work, to the tune of $32K this month! which is phenomenal for Oct. But I am always faced with un-employment thru the winter, so things are really stressful, but we have got through worse, so don't worry too much.
Kids are doing great, and we are getting used to the cold weather. Don't like it but used to it.
Drop us a line.

3 comments:

Riley said...

Henry's outfit is awesome! It came out really well. Fern looks cute too. I bet you can sell $25k for the month of November and knock your boss's socks off.

Riley said...

That Taco Bell song was awesome!

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

Tooo cute! And that pencil came out perfect!!! And the purple kitty was is adorable!

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo