Monday, December 17, 2007

More catch up, Dec 17

Well I haven't been really fastidious about updating my blog lately for a couple of reasons: 1) my shoulder hurts immensely. Thats where I store all my stress. My chiropractor said my back is so tight he almost couldn't adjust me! 2) This website has been uploading my pics fuzzily, I check back every 2 days and it is still fuzzy until today. My shoulder doesn't feel too bad so I'm going to give it a try.
So first off in everyones mind I'm sure is : "Has Caleb found a job"? NO! no one is looking at this time of year. I don;t just mean outdoor stuff but everyone. Nobody wants to do complicated things during the Christmas season. So Ill just wait till Jan. and try some more. I did put in my resume for a city planning job in Redmond, which is right next door to us, but they won't start reviewing till Jan 7th.
Next, "What have the Nelsons been up to"? Well we spent a lovely Thanks giving between mom & da nelsons and my friend and mentor Terrie and her husband. They have a very nice ranch on 35 acres out in Okanogan near the Canadian border. Henry and I helped them with some of their farm chores and had a wonderful time. Pat and Terrie are some really awesome friends. We meant to be gone for 4 days but ended up being gone for14! It's not like I had to get back for work. So after Pat and Terries it was back to my parents house for several more days. One of those day Me, Riley, Henry, and Cedar went up into the mountains above Leavenworth for our traditional Christmas tree hunt. Riley and I found a new place to go and found ourselves (me) a nice little tree. (8 ft) We had a very fun time. Except for Henry who got a little too cold. After the Tree hunt we went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, for my favorite food. Reuben Sandwich. This restaurant has the best and biggest Reubens. Yes they do contain meat, but for THAT sandwich ONCE a year I can put being a vegetarian aside. (although my stomach felt lousy the next day)
"What else have you been doing" Well we have been enjoying a festive Christmas season. We decorated out tree, we put up the Christmas Village. And Lyn and Henry have been baking like mad. We had our annual Christmas Open House. We had 38 people come by to visit with us. many people told us how nice it was to simply have a party where all you did was have treats and visit. I don't think anybody visits anymore. One person told us that parties like this were a dying art. I never thought of them as an art before, but I think that there is a lot of truth to that. It takes some skill and knowledge of people to create an atmosphere where they feel comfortable enough to simply chatter away.
I don't like posting "catch ups" because they are entirely too stripped of details. They simply function as an overview. There have been some beautiful moments and some terrible moments in our lives but It is simply to difficult to recall them and write about them effectively so long after their occurrence.
There is more that I would like to tell you but I will do so on another occasion, as mom & dad Nelson (and Kaynie, and Riley, and Micah) are coming over today. Yesterday the 16th was Henry's Birthday. He turned 4. We are going to have his party today. I can't believe that I have 4 year old. He, as I have said before is the joy of my life. To me there is no little boy who is more fun nor more sweet than my Henry.

Talk to ya later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool reporting! I like the music, too...

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo