Well, it's almost June and it just keeps raining... We've been working on our garden whenever we can and now I'm hoping that my seeds and plants don't drown! It's looking pretty good now. The rhubarb is starting to recover, carrots and lettuce are coming up and much more. I think I need a bigger garden though--it's pretty packed this year! The weeds are crazy and I'm trying to keep up with them, but I think they are in cahoots with the rain--they know that if the paths are muddy, I will not be weeding...

The garden--all those happy plants in the front are potatoes.

We let Henry and Fern plant some of the plants and they loved that!

Henry loved to use his backhoe for weeding and planting. He is a super worker and a great help!
We adopted 3 more chickens to join Goldie and Betsy: Lucy, Rosy, and Moonsmile. (I'm not sure where Fern got "moonsmile", but I like it!)
Between the garden, starting up grounded landscape design, still moving in (yes, this process takes FOREVER...there are always those boxes full of stuff that you have no idea what to do with, but you know that you can't throw the stuff away...), and the day to day necessities of figuring out what to eat, cooking, eating, cleaning, reading, organizing, etc. life is really busy! (and not everything gets accomplished...) I have just come to the realization that there will NEVER be the "right" time to take a break and that I just have to do it...now when am I going to? not sure, but realization is the first step :)
No comments:
Post a Comment