Friday, February 27, 2009

A day in the life at home

I've found that some days (definitely not all) can actually work out really nice and by the end of the day I feel like I did my job as a mom and my kids responded well and we all just got along nicely. (These are usually followed by a couple of days that make me question my aptitude for being a parent, so please don't think that I live a relative life of ease...)

A nice day: A couple of days ago we (me and the 2 kids) went to 5 stores on errands plus making a $ deposit at an ATM and no one freaked out (not even me...), Fern fell asleep for her nap peacefully in less than 10 minutes while Henry quietly played in his room without interrupting, made a jacket for baby penguin together with Henry telling me how he wanted it (a simple fleece cloaklike thing with a hood, button and ribbon "belt"), made dinner and everyone liked it and ate it (pizza...kind of hard to go wrong...), then Caleb put the kids to bed (this is what usually happens--very nice to have him be the bedtime person at the end of the day; even a good day!)

So glad that I have some of both days (well, not so much the frustrating ones...) so I can truly appreciate the happy times and silly memories. (I guess even the soap incident isn't so bad a couple days after...)

1 comment:

terrie, jackson, lexie said...

I love the picture...and you are blessed with those two...even on the frustrating days...miss you guys

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.

Sweet

Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.

My 1949 GM Frigidaire

My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.

Outdoor Nuts

We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)

Poopoo Point

Dorothy Lake trail

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu

Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.

Tulips

Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner

Henry & Fern front porch

Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo