So this Halloween has been a very fun time. I enjoyed living thru Henry's eyes.
He has long had a group of imaginary friends, actually several groups; the chickens, the rabbits, and the penguins. I think that the penguins are his favorite. Often he will knock on the wall and say "I hear someone at the door", he'll run over and open it up and exclaim "Hi penguins, come on in" Then he proceeds to play with the penguins. So any how making a short story long, he wanted to be a penguin for Halloween. So between $3 in felt and some black sweats we made him into a penguin. He was cute. We didn't do anything for Ferny because she is too young and it's not worth the effort. Any how you can see the pics of our penguin Henry below. Also I have posted pics of our funny pumpkins. Henry carved his own pumpkin this year. The Saturday before Halloween our ward had a Fall Harvest Festival with a Chili cook-off. I am very proud to say "Now do you understand why I'm a bit heavy?"... NO! Oops I meant to say that MY wife won first place by a landslide for her Limon Blanco Chili. I has been the talk of the ward since and she has had maybe 20 people come to her for the recipe. I am really amazed at the natural cooking talent that my wife possesses. She really does take good care of us.
Family life is Great. Professional life SUCKS right now. I lost my job. Yes, My dream job as a designer is Kaput. I didn't see it coming. Apparently I'm not corporate material. I really don't feel like explaining it. But I thought that I would let you know. We could use all the prayers we can get right now. We will probably have to move and several months of tough times lie ahead. In the Landscape industry virtually Nobody is hiring at this time in the year. April is when hiring picks up again. But I don't think that I will return to landscaping. It has been a miserable 1.5 years (professionally) since I graduated. I think that perhaps I am meant for something different. I have been attracted to organic farming for many years now, and I think that will be what I go into next. I mean carrots and potatoes don't really get too involved in Corporate Ladder-climbing politics. Oh sure theres a couple of the really high-strung ones that you need to watch for, but as a whole vegetables are pretty mellow, and for once in my life I could be outstanding in my field, or rather: out, standing in my field. Once again Farmers don't hire till March or April either. So Hey maybe we'll drive around the country and visit all of our friends and family.
Well, until next time.(I should have PLENTY of time for this NOW)
Take care.
The Official Blog - Updated every month, or every other month, or every other 3rd quarter or...
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Antigua Guatemala
Continously inhabited for over 550 years.
Sweet
This is my favorite shot. I even got an indigenous family in there.
My 1949 GM Frigidaire
Isn't she sweet.
Outdoor Nuts
We Love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, or camping, or yard work, or what-not.
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)
When you live in Seattle you have to appreciate every dry moment! (and some wet ones too)
Poopoo Point
Dorothy Lake trail
Lyn on top of Huayna Picchu
This is the mountain visible behind and above the famous Macchu Picchu, which you can see in the background behind her.
Tulips
Henry & Fern in LaConner
Henry & Fern front porch
I just thought that this looks like an old 50's photo
1 comment:
We are sooooo sorry to hear about your job! If we can do anything for you don't hesitate to ask. Good luck and our prayers are with you!
Post a Comment